If you made your application online before the deadline 16 January at www.universityadmissions.se for Bachelor’s or Master’s studies at Lund University starting in autumn 2012 and submitted your documents and paid your application fee (if applicable) before 1 February, the following information explains what happens next.
Students applying to Lund University through any of the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 scholarship programmes have a different application process and can find instructions on their process on the website of the specific project.
- Medicine - 16:00 Novartis highlights research on investigational, personalized’T cell therapy CTL019 in patients with forms of acute and chronic leukemia
- Environmental Sciences - Dec 6 Plymouth University and Plymouth Marine Laboratory collaborate to further understanding of marine environment
- Mechanical Engineering - Dec 6 Titanium Powder used to 3D print automotive parts
- Business - Dec 6 Prime Minister officially opens IDEALondon centre in Tech City
- Earth Sciences - Dec 6 Anthropologist, ‘underground astronaut’ strike fossil gold in South Africa dig
- Environmental Sciences - Dec 6 Merit in sub- Saharan Africans buying water from neighbors
- Physics - Dec 6 ’iLabs’ offer a new way to add science experiments to online education
- Environmental Sciences - Dec 6 Study aims to better predict West African climate
- Medicine - Dec 6 Imperial announces new hub for expertise in data- driven research
- Environmental Sciences - Dec 6 Boca do Acre
- Medicine - Dec 6 Prime Minister commissions Plymouth University researcher to establish rural dementia task force
- Life Sciences - Dec 6 Hummingbird diet: maximum sugar, minimum weight gain
- Medicine - Dec 6 Novartis investigational compound LBH589 significantly extended time without disease progression in Phase III multiple myeloma study
- Life Sciences - Dec 6 Seven professors nominated at EPFL
- Medicine - Dec 6 Stockings perform better than bandages to treat leg ulcers
Applied to autumn 2012 studies at Lund? -This is what happens next
2 February 2012
Exchange students coming to Lund in autumn 2012 also have a separate process and the information in this update does not apply to you. Instead, read more about exchange studies here.
Notification of results
To get updates on the status of your application log in to your page at www.universityadmissions.se. Notification of the admission results will be announced in be sent to you. You must log in to your account to see the results. If you have been selected, you will also receive an email from your programme coordinator with within a few days after the results are out.
Please note that the notification of selection results on your page at universityadmissions.se is the official letter of offer and you will need to print this and use it when you apply for your residence permit.
Accepting the offer
In order to keep the offered place on the programme or course that you have accepted to, you must reply to the offer by 2 April 2012. If you do not accept your place, it will be given to another student.
Students on reserve list
If you have been placed on the reserve list it is important that you accept your place by replying to the offer by 2 April 2012. This is to ensure that you will be considered for any places that become available in the second selection round. The notification of results from the second selection round will be announced on your page at universityadmissions.se in mid-April.
If you have applied for the Lund University Global Scholarship, the results will be sent to you in an email around the same time (mid-March) as the notification of results from the selection process of the study programme/course that you have applied to. You will receive detailed instructions in the email regarding how to accept the scholarship offer, deadlines etc.
If you have been admitted to a programme and have not yet applied for a scholarship or were not selected for the Lund University Global Scholarship, you may still have a chance to apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship , depending on what country you are from and which programme you have applied to.
Tuition fees, residence permits and housing
The first step after being offered a place in a programme or course is to accept the offer. Once you have done this, you can start thinking about the next steps in the process. If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen it is likely that you are required to pay tuition fees. To find out more about tuition fees, read here. Invoices with the first instalment of the tuition fee will be sent out in early May 2012. Before that, you will receive from us regarding payments and access to your student account (where you must go to pay your invoice). Please note that no invoices are sent out via regular post.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU/EEA country, you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit in Sweden for your study period. Read more here about residence permits. For details on how to apply for a residence permit, visit the Swedish Migration Board website.
Once you have accepted the offer from a programme or course here at Lund University, we will send you regarding housing. Until then, you can read more here about housing for international students at Lund University.
Missed the 16 January deadline and still want to apply for autumn 2012?
Some programmes may be open for late applications. You can find programmes and courses here. On the programme or course webpage you will find a link on the right hand side with the application information. If the course or programme is open for late applications, there will be a message here with the link “Apply late”. When you click on this link you will automatically come to the national application website www.universityadmissions.se where you fill out the online part of the application and can read the instructions for sending your supporting documents.
A summary of the key steps to apply can also be found here.
General questions about studies at Lund University can be sent by email to masters [a] er.lu (p) se or be posted on our facebook page www.facebook.com/lunduniversity.
We wish you the best of luck in the selection process!
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 6.12
Leiterin Forschung & Entwicklung Hebammen (90 - 100%)
- Social Sciences - 5.12
Doktorandin / Doktorand für ein SNF-Forschungsprojekt (60%)
- Environmental Sciences - 3.12
Dozierende/n Gewässerökologie oder Gewässermanagement (80 - 100 %)
- Psychology - 3.12
Wissensch. Assistent/in bzw. Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (50–80 %)
- Business - 2.12
Assistant Professor in Economics
- Computer Science - 30.11
Dozentin / Dozent Informatik - IT Systemtechnik (80-100%)
- Life Sciences - 6.12
Professor of Grain Protein Chemistry
- Life Sciences - 6.12
Within the Department of Cognitive Neuroscience of the Faculty Psychology and Neuroscience, we have a...
- Microtechnics - 6.12
Laufbahnstelle am Institut für Energiesysteme und Elektrische Antriebe mit Qualifizierungsvereinbarung...
- Mathematics - 20.11
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non tenure track)
- Literature - 6.12
Professur für Romanische Literaturwissenschaft
- Pedagogy - 5.12
Professur auf Zeit (W2) für Sozial- und Organisationspsychologie
- Study of Religions - 6.12
Lady Margaret Professorship of Divinity
- Study of Religions - 6.12
Dean Ireland’s Professorship in the Exegesis of Holy Scripture
- Environmental Sciences - 6.12
Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies (Sustainability)
- Life Sciences - 4.12
Professeur en embryologie