UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Medicine - Jun 18 More help needed for nerve damage sufferers
- Careers - Jun 18 U.S. economy: Steady as she goes
- Medicine - Jun 18 Timely treatment after stroke is crucial, UCLA researchers report
- Life Sciences - Jun 18 FACULTY HONOR: Bassler elected associate member of European Molecular Biology Organization
- Astronomy - Jun 18 The fast winds of Venus are getting faster
- Astronomy - Jun 18 Scripps Alumna Selected as a NASA Astronaut Candidate
- Medicine - Jun 18 Fantastic four win Queen’s Birthday Honours
- Environmental Sciences - Jun 18 U-M researcher and colleagues predict possible record- setting Gulf of Mexico ’dead zone’
- Medicine - Jun 18 School of Nursing clinic fights spread of TB on L.A.’s skid row
- Careers - Jun 18 New project aims to get stroke survivors in Nottingham back to work
- Microtechnics - Jun 18 Engineering the Future
- Earth Sciences - Jun 18 Ground monitoring equipment is deployed on two Ethiopian volcanoes showing signs of unrest
- Literature - Jun 18 The verdict on tiger- parenting? Studies point to poor mental health
- Medicine - Jun 18 Women in childbirth still being denied their human rights
- Life Sciences - Jun 18 Centre reveals the wonder of genetic research to public
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 19.6
wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in - (75 - 100 %)
- Civil Engineering - 18.6
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Nachhaltiges Bauen (60 - 80 %)
- Psychology - 17.6
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Medicine - 17.6
Research Scientist (Musculoskeletal Regeneration Program)
- Microtechnics - 15.6
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (80-100%)
- Pedagogy - 14.6
Collaborateur ou Collaboratrice scientifique (80%)
- Physics - 18.6
Professor i fysik
- Pedagogy - 18.6
Professor in Economics, with a specialisation in labour economics
- Business - 18.6
Professur für Allgemeine Betriebswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere, Finanzintermediation
- Social Sciences - 18.6
Juniorprofessur für Internationale Organisationen (W1)
- Interdisciplinary - 18.6
Professor in Interdisciplinary Social Science
- Civil Engineering - 18.6
Associate Professor in Urban Studies (Urban Informatics/Data Visualization)
- Social Sciences - 19.6
Visiting Assistant Professor - School of Social Work and Business Administration (F1300045)
- Media Sciences - 18.6
Political Science - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA3475)